After the wedding and honeymoon the couple mind naturally turns to the hard task of writing and sending thank you cards. It is not an easy thing, for some couples seem to get stuck and cannot think of what to say. Here are a few dos and don’t for thank you note wording.
- Don’t use complicated words on your thank you cards. You can write some simple words on the cards to impress your appreciation. The best wording for a thank you note is using your own words
- Don’t use negative words on the gifts, even as a joke. Whether you love the gifts or not, you should say” thank you and love them”
- Don’t ask your guests to address their own thank you note envelopes.
- When thanking someone for money, don’t name the amount. Say “Thank you for the generous gift.”
- Don’t write things that you don’t mean or can’t back up. If the gift is not on proud display inside your house then don’t write it. It is likely that if the giver comes to your house they will look for the gift that you wrote is hanging over your mantle or above your front door.
- Always keep the focus of the thank you note wording on the recipient. You may mention a few words about your honeymoon but the main part of the thank you note should be centered on the intended reader.
- Send the thank you cards two weeks after getting the gifts. Thank you card is one of the important invitation cards that representing your gratitude for the guests presence and thanks them for making your wedding a success. You should not let your guests to wait for a long time.
- It’s always good to write something specific about your gift. Handmade thank you cards are much more sincere in showing your gratitude.
To make them more charming and unique you can add your honeymoon photos in the card so guests can know the latest information about you. Photo thank you notes give you a chance to not just thank your recipients with your words but also with your smiling faces. If you aren’t sure what sort of photo to use, why not snap a few new ones with you holding signs that say “thank” and “you”.
The tips recommended above will more or less help you have great thank you cards and your guests will see your politeness and the time and effort you spent on them.